Thursday 7 July 2011

Christopher Clack



Christopher Clack says, "I have been making images for as long as I can remember and for as long as I can remember there has always been an element of religious imagery or content in the work I have produced. Why this should be, I do not really know.
What I do know is that the connection between religion and art is for me a profound one, one that I think has implications for the way we think about religion as well as art."
He trained as a painter, studied at Camberwell School of Art and then at the Royal College of Art. His main medium was oil paint, but he also loved etching and making sculptures. One very important aspect of all his work was the physical, tactile nature of whatever he made, so it seems very strange to him now that he works almost completely on computer. His images are produced using scanners, cameras, and software such as Photoshop and paint programs like Coral painter. The product of all this is then turned into an object by printing it out using large format printers, using the best quality materials he can lay his hands on.

It’s now become a sort of challenge for him to bring into this medium a sense of the physicality of things that is generally felt to be lost in the digital production.

No comments:

Post a Comment