Tuesday 28 September 2010

Janet Roberts



Janet Roberts is a member of the Faith and Image group based at St Mary's Woodford. For the past few years, Janet has had an annual two week exhibition at the end of November and beginnning of December at South Woodford Library which raises funds for homelessness charities. She has also exhibited her religious paintings at Orleans House Main Gallery, Twickenham.

Janet writes: "I would class myself as a Symbolic Expressionist. I tap my unconcious taking a 'walk with a line' and up comes a picture. Otherwise I use an Ignatian imaginative prayer method of taking a Bible reading, then painting a picture. I also can see a picture in a blotch of spilt ink or paint. Now my main aim is, hopefully, to express the presence of Christ."

No comments:

Post a Comment