Creative Spirit is compiled and written by Sarah Middleton, Elizabeth Moore, David Hollingsworth and Neil Thorogood: artists and educators from within the Methodist Church, Church of England, and The United Reformed Church.
Who is it for?
- House groups
- Works very well for Lent bible study
- Local Preachers and leaders of worship
- Retreat and Quiet Day leaders
- School and youth groups 16 +
- Individuals wanting a fresh, art-based approach to personal devotion
Each DVD case contains a booklet and two discs:
- A DVD for TV use, featuring almost the full Collection of Modern Art – new works are still being acquired.
- A Powerpoint slideshow CD of the same material designed for projection onto a large screen.
- A 48-page booklet which contains:
- Notes for leaders, questions helping viewers to explore the paintings, prayers, bible readings, outline study sessions, comments from visitors to exhibitions of the Methodist Art Collection, information on the eight artists featured, and colour reproductions of these selected 20th/21st century works of art from the Methodist collection:
- 1) Dalit Madonna by Jyoti Sahi
- 2) Nathaniel (asleep under the fig tree) by Mark Cazalet
- 3) Storm over the lake by Eularia Clarke
- 4) The pool of Bethesda by Edward Burra
- 5) The healing of the lunatic boy by John Reilly
- 6) Aimez-vous les uns les autres (Love one another) by Georges Rouault
- 7) The cross over the city by Michael Edmonds
- 8) Untitled-Pentecost by John Brokenshire
The price is £9.99 plus £2.50 p&p and there are three ways to order: includes works by Graham Sutherland, Elisabeth Frink and many other renowned artists. It is a living collection, and It has been seen and appreciated by thousands of people, and now you can also experience it on this website; most of the images are accompanied by expert commentary: http://www.methodist.org.uk/static/artcollection/.
- - Online: http://www.ourmagnet.co.uk/
- - by phone: 0844 736 2524
- - by post: PO Box 10378, Bishop’s Stortford CM23 9FT. Cheques payable to Magnet Resources.