Commission For Mission promotes the purchase of artworks by churches through donations given in memory of loved ones, with these people being commemorated in plaques placed (wherever possible) on or near the artwork itself.
Membership of Commission For Mission is open to any Christian artist (of any discipline) or supporter of Christian Art. Commission For Mission members pay an annual subscription and for this receive: a vote in organising committee elections; places on co-mission events/ conferences; and promotion of their work to churches through co-mission’s activities.
The fees for all artwork (of whatever type and media) sold to churches through Commission For Mission are determined using the following:
- a charge for materials/expenses claimed by the artist in creation of the work;
- an optional fee to the artist for the creation of the work;
- a contribution towards the work of Commission For Mission; and
- a donation to a charity or charities.
- provide opportunities for churches to obtain and commission contemporary Christian Art for church buildings;
- provide information, ideas and examples of contemporary Christian Art and its use/display within church settings; and
- raise funds for charities through commissions and sales of contemporary Christian Art.
- Creating a database of members able to create artworks for churches.
- Promoting an approach to the commissioning and placing of contemporary Christian Art in churches as a means of fundraising for charities.
- Organising conferences, exhibitions, meetings, seminars, visits etc. to provide information, ideas and examples of contemporary Christian Art and its use/display within church settings.
- Displaying member’s work through brochures, exhibitions, leaflets, websites etc.